Notice of Elections
Notice of Elections for County Councillor and Police and Crime Commissioner - Please see attached notices
Councillor Grant Fund
Please see notice attached
Usually around this time of year the Parish Council holds its Annual Parish Meeting, at which local groups will provide reports summarising what's happened in the previous year and their plans for the future. This wasn't possible this year, so instead we have gathered reports from a wider range of organisations, and our district and county councillors, to publish online. We hope you find it useful. If you would like to know more about any of the groups featured, please contact them directly for more information.
COVID 19 Volunteers
There are many people in the village who may need support due to the Government restrictions in place to tackle the corona virus. Attached under downloads is a link to a List of Volunteers, and their telephone numbers, in Fenny Compton, who are willing to help with shopping or collecting prescriptions etc. If you are having difficulties coping with the Covid 19 isolation restrictions please let the volunteers know.
COVID 19 - WCC Localities Team Update
Warwickshire County Council is committed to supporting our communities through the current COVID-19 pandemic, and has dedicated a section on the website to help us to do this: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/information-coronavirus.
In order to keep people up to date with details that will hopefully help residents, local communities, groups and organisations, and the voluntary and community sector to be connected, safe, well and supported; we have developed a series of webpages offering information and advice on COVID-19.
Of relevance to local communities and the groups that support them are the following pages:
- Advice for people who want to get involved
- Advice for the voluntary and community sector and town and parish councils
As well as offering some practical tips and resources that they can use both as individuals and to mobilise local community action to support their community, there are also several links to other relevant information sources – providing further accurate and up to date information.
Critically, there is also a directory of the local ‘community led support activity' that has emerged across Warwickshire in response to this global crisis. Please click here to access the directory. It can also be accessed from both webpages and the link will remain the same even following updates.
This information will be updated daily to reflect the situation as new groups and activities are developed and the details are submitted to us via our questionnaire. If you are aware of any groups or support that is not captured on this directory, please let us know via our questionnaire.
Testing - COVID-19
Tests are available across the country. They can be booked immediately. People can register at the testing portal using this link (https://bit.ly/BookTesting). Full guidance on testing can be viewed here (https://bit.ly/TestingGuidance).
This continues to be an issue. Please clear up after your pet and use the bins provided.
Post Office Near Me
We've made it easier to find local Post Offices in your area. Just click on the Link https://www.postofficesnearme.com/
Jobcentre Near Me
We've made it easier to find local Jobcentre Plus offices, benefits and employment information. Just click on the Link - http://www.jobcentrenearme.com
With development of the Compton Buildings site now looking more likely, with associated money towards facilities in the village, and funding potentially available from HS2 as well, the Parish Council would like to investigate the potential for redevelopment of the pavilion on the sports field. We need your help to make this a reality! If any resident of the parish can help us come up with ideas, pursue funding or help with delivering the project, we want to hear from you. Please contact the Clerk.
Smart Meter Update
Right of Way Online Fault Reporting
Warwickshire Rights of Way Team announce a new online Fault Report system. This is a new way to report Rights of Way faults direct to our Team. It requires the user to log into the system as the members of Rights of Way Team do. This map based system allows users to mark the location of the fault on the map and then to give a detailed description of the fault and its location. There is a search facility which has various options to get to an approximate location for example a town or village, a grid reference, Post code etc. The map depicts all the Rights of Way in the County and users are able to zoom in and out in order to pinpoint the location of the fault. Once the spot is plotted on the map the detailed information of the problem and location can be added together with photographs (if available). The system will acknowledge the report by email giving a unique reference number by which the report can be tracked. Should the user wish to give further details or photographs at any time they can add to the original report themselves. The information is processed and automatically transfers into the main Rights of Way system. This
system ensures that all contacts and reports are included on the system and will help to improve our efficiency.
Link to new online reporting system: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/rowreporting
Village Map Copies Available
The Parish Council commissioned a map of the village to include all the surrounding field names, which is on display in the Village Hall. The Parish Council are able to provide a copy of this map at a cost of £10. If anyone is interested they should contact the Parish Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Southam Safer Neighbourhood Team.
• Southam Police cover an area approximately 100 square miles.
• Almost 20,000 people live in the area.
• The Southam Safer Neighbourhood Team covers the following wards: - Long Itchington, Southam, Stockton & Napton, Fenny Compton and Harbury.
• The Safer Neighbourhood Team consists of Police Sgt Richard Thomas, Beat manager PC Jim Butler, also on the team is PCSO's Katrina Taylor, Claire Murray, Matt Hodgetts and Ally Streatfield.
• Main switchboard telephone number for Warwickshire Police: 01926 415000
• When phoning switchboard you need to clearly state that you wish to report an incident and ask for the control room. The control room can identify if an officer needs to attend and what response is needed. The controller can pass on the relevant details to the Safer Neighbourhood Team once if required an incident has been created.
• The controller will ask you relevant questions in relation to the incident. For example they will require address of incident, who is involved, description of offender(s), are they still at the scene.
• Description could be White, male, glasses, 5'9, heavy built, local accent, white jumper, blue jeans, and white trainers driving a green Renault Clio registration number K888 KKK.
• If you wish to report a crime and the offender is not at the scene, ask the main switchboard for Crime Desk.
• Team email address: email@example.com
• Team voicemail: 01926684984 DO NOT USE THIS NUMBER TO REPORT CRIME if you wish to leave a message for a team member or discuss an issue with a member of the team.
|Refuse and Recycling Service|
|Calender of Collections|
|Horsewatch Scheme; Domestic Abuse; Car thefts; Nuisance Youths|
|Environment Agency Flood Awareness Guides|
|Lighthorne Heath Children's Centre|
|Stratford District Handy Person Service|
|Stratford District Handyperson service|
|B & 4th Transport|
|Composting at Home|
|Southam District Senior Citizens Action Network|